This was a 2-part project focused on improving the functionality and presentation of the User's Family & Friends Connections and Account Settings sections.
Part 1 - Family & Friends Connections
The "Family & Friends" section within a Guest's account listed all of their connections that could be involved in their trip planning and reservations as well as the sharing privileges associated with those connected accounts. Guests were encountering problems using this section by inadvertently creating duplicate accounts without knowing it. This caused major issues when they arrived at the park when certain entitlements were not assigned to the correct account.
When a user viewed their account settings, they encountered a lot of discrepancy from platform to platform. There were issues of misaligned copy and instructions, complete visual differences, and variations in the interactions the user encountered when making changes or updates. A unified approach to how the settings were presented and functioned was needed.
One part of this effort was to redesign the Guest's "Profile" section. This section includes all of the Guest's important information such as personal details, password, security questions, account settings, and payment details. Guests were having trouble editing accounts that they managed. Due to the confusing copy and UI in the settings, it made it difficult to successfully connect to other accounts in order to make plans with them.
Improve and simplify the UX / UI for all User Account related sections
• Simplify the editing, management, and viewing of the User's Family & Friends Connections
• Simplify the editing, management, and viewing of the User's Account Settings
• Create a consistent presentation of copy, UI, and UX functionality across all User Account sections
• Develop 1-1 parity across the Disney World Mobile App, Mobile Web, and Desktop digital experiences
• Clarification of the list structure and ordering of connection types
• Visually indicate differences between connection types
• Improved the overall structure, display, and organization of the section's content
• Simplified the UX/UI in the creation, editing, and connection of guest accounts
• Incorporated a new visual standard to unify the experience cross-platform
• Aligned all copy and design interactions cross-platform
Lead Interaction Designer assigned to fix issues of functionality and consistency for all user account settings and connections
• Worked with other Interaction Designers in the exploration of UI variations
• Collaborated with the Mobile App Design team in Seattle to work on consistency between platforms
Interaction Design | UX/UI Design | IA | Wireframes | User Flows | User Testing
Mobile App | Mobile Web | Desktop Mac & PC
2016 - 2017
Unclear copy and confusing user flows were causing major issues for the user when adding and editing accounts they wished to manage and make plans with. The problem of creating duplicate accounts was a persistent and reoccurring problem.
Misaligned copy and disjointed UI and UX flows caused confusion for the user. Realigning the user's account and settings was crucial to improving the user's experience in connecting, adding, and editing other accounts.